Monday, May 25, 2009

I believe one of the most interesting & inspiring pieces of advice I ever recieved was to just take life 'one day at a time'..........a very simple but admittedly not so easy concept. What does it mean exactly...........? Well I used to wake up in a morning worrying about tonight (the date) or tomorrow (the exam) next week (whatever is supposed to happen) next month (a friend getting married) which meant "I've got nothing to wear" and just going on and on and on.........Sound familiar?? You can imagine all of this going on in my head, no wonder I would wake up with panick attacks. Not only were the panick attacks horrible but I was loosing out on sooooo much of life. I was so busy thinking and worrying about all the things in the future I didn't have time to live in the present. Oh yes I would even worry about the past as well. All that wasted energy. I would worry about what I had said or done or hadn't done, as if I could change anything, I remember thinking many times that I wish I had the power to do just that, but I know I'm powerless over any of those words that were spoken in haste or actions that I regretted, except maybe to apologize, but my head was so full of stuff that I didn't LIVE TODAY. Write down on a piece of paper, a journal or diary, all the things that you are worrying about and put it all into columns or the days of the week. Whats really important for today, tomorrow or the day after. Write it down a great tool to help you sort out your thoughts. Once you've got it on paper you can leave it there.! It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment